A recent study indicates that 57% of the marketers will increase their digital marketing budget by at least 27% in 2015. The rest will increase the budget by an unspecified percentage or amount. Whether it a B2B or B2C model, marketers are investing more in content, blogs, ads, SEO, PPC and social media. The following statistics help you get an idea of what happened in 2014 and what may happen in 2015 in terms of digital marketing trends.
1. 72% of marketers think branded content is more effective than a paid advertising.
2. 69% marketers believe branded content is superior to direct mail and PR.
3. Almost half (46%) of the people say that a websiteâ€™s design is the number one criterion for determining credibility of a company.
4. 71% companies have planned to increase their digital marketing budgets for 2015, by an average of 27%. Similarly, over 57% B2B marketers have indicated increasing their spending this year.
5. Social Fresh predicts that internet advertising will make up 25% of the entire ad market in 2015.
6. 67 percent of marketers say increasing sales directly attributable to digital marketing campaigns is a top priority this year.
7. Despite all the hype about online, 67% of B2B content marketers consider event marketing to be their most effective strategy.
8. Companies spent over $118 billion on content marketing related activities in 2014.
9. Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%
10. Facebook is the most popular method for sharing interesting content but surprisingly, the fifth-most popular sharing method is offline.
11. Digital marketers tend to devote about 30 percent of their marketing budgets to paid media and 50 percent to content.
12. 33% of organic search clicks go to the first result while 83% of the clicks go to the first 4 results.
13. SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
14. Emails with social sharing buttons increase click-through rates by 158%.
15. B2B companies that blog, generate 67% more leads than those who donâ€™t have a blog.
16. Email marketing delivers the highest ROI of any digital marketing tactic.
17. 44% of direct mail is never opened.
18. 91% of people unsubscribe from company emails they previously opted into.
19. Research shows that over 65% of consumers are inclined to make a purchase in association with a well-planned email campaign.
20. Marketing automation will have over 50% penetration rate in certain industry with Tech and software industries leading the race.